Combined domestic and international visitation statistics, forecasts and information on key attractions and experiences.
Monthly and quarterly domestic visitation statistics for Victoria, and domestic market profiles.
The latest International Visitor Survey results for Victoria by spend, visitors and nights.
The value of tourism’s contribution to Victoria’s economy, tourism business counts, investment, and accommodation data.
Total tourism spend
The latest data for the year ending June 2023 (released September 2023) from Tourism Research Australia shows:
- spend in Victoria was $36.1 billion in the year ending June 2023
- spend increased 83% compared to the year ending June 2022
- overall total tourism spend was 16% above the pre-pandemic result (year ending June 2019).
Total tourism visitors
The latest visitation data for the year ending June 2023 (released September 2023) shows:
- 90 million total visitors to/within Victoria
- visitors to/within Victoria increased 44% compared to the year ending June 2022
- total visitors returned to 96% of the pre-pandemic result (year ending June 2019).