Combined domestic and international visitation statistics, forecasts and information on key attractions and experiences.
Monthly and quarterly domestic visitation statistics for Victoria, and domestic market profiles.
The latest International Visitor Survey results for Victoria by spend, visitors and nights.
The value of tourism’s contribution to Victoria’s economy, tourism business counts, investment, and accommodation data.
Total tourism spend
The latest data for the year ending March 2023 (released June 2023) from Tourism Research Australia shows:
- total tourism expenditure in Victoria was $35.0 billion in the year ending March 2023
- this represents an increase of 113% compared to the year ending March 2022
- overall total tourism spend was 17% above the pre-pandemic result (year ending March 2019).
Total tourism visitors
The latest visitation data for the year ending March 2023 (released June 2023) shows:
- there were 88.6 million total visitors to and within Victoria
- this represents an increase of 54% compared to the year ending March 2022
- total visitors were back to 98% of the pre-pandemic result (year ending March 2019).