Tourism and Events is part of the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions (DJSIR).
We provide policy, strategy, and industry development advice to both the government and industry. We also work with tourism and events entities across the state.
- Plan and deliver Victoria’s visitor economy strategies
- Support the growth of Victoria’s world-class events calendar
- Deliver tourism infrastructure programs
- Facilitate investment opportunities
- Act as a channel of engagement for the industry into government
- Governance support for tourism and event portfolio entities
- Provide data and research to inform decision-making and investment by government and industry
We also identify opportunities for cross-sector collaboration. This can include investment, trade, regional development, conventions, business events, and major events.
Supporting a thriving tourism and events sector will create a legacy to benefit all Victorians.