There are many benefits for operating a more environmentally sustainable tourism business. Not only can a business reduce its environmental impact on the planet and preserve natural resources, but it can also:
- reduce operating costs
- attract new customers
- improve its reputation
- recruit and retain good staff.
Many products, businesses, and buildings use more energy than they need, through inefficiencies and energy waste. Energy efficiency is one of the easiest ways to eliminate energy waste and lower energy costs.
There is advice and tools available to help you start and grow your tourism business in Victoria.
- To find out more about how to protect the long-term viability of your business by operating in a way that considers your social and environmental impact, visit Business Victoria – Sustainability
- Sustainability Victoria run a Small Business Energy Saver Program for Small Businesses if you need help identifying which equipment in your business should be upgraded.
- For more information on energy efficiency, savings and business grants, visit the Victorian Government’s Victorian Energy Saver website.
- For a list of current rebates on energy efficiency upgrades and support, refer to Australian Government energy rebates and assistance.
- The Sustainable Tourism Toolkit is a ‘how-to’ guide providing practical, easy-to-understand information for tourism businesses to implement sustainable practices.