A holiday at Hotham provides skiing and boarding on some of Australia's most challenging terrain, amid 320 hectares of ski area – including 80 downhill runs.
Hotham Village stands tall at a height of 1,750 metres, making it Victoria’s highest Alpine resort. The village has a massive array of restaurants, bars, nightclubs and accommodation options to suit a range of budgets. The resort also has a gymnasium and two fabulous day spas – White Spa (the highest spa in Australia!) and the new Japanese-inspired Onsen Retreat and Spa.
Hotham is a 4.5 hour drive from Melbourne along the Great Alpine Road, the highest sealed road in the country. To reduce travel time to only 50 minutes, hop on a Qantas Link flight direct to Hotham which runs from June – September. From Sydney, the flight takes just 85 minutes.
Staying at Hotham is a unique Alpine experience due to the village’s location on the summit of the mountain. Most of the accommodation boasts spectacular views from the sweeping Dargo High Plains to the south-west and Mount Feathertop to the north-east. Ski-in/ski-out accommodation is available in certain parts of the village, while ski-out accommodation is available in the Davenport Village which also provides excellent access to the Big D and beginner ski areas.
In 2007, Hotham introduces some fabulous new programs and facilities. These include:
For $695, a full day of expert instruction for up to three people, including state of the art split screen video analysis and a DVD of your skiing technique to keep.
With daycare having moved to the Big D, combined packages are now available from Hotham Day Care for $159. Parents can ski in comfort all day knowing their young child will have a specifically tailored day which includes both child care and a safe introduction to the snow.
$600,000 has been spent at Mt Hotham on five additional snow guns this year, creating permanent snowmaking on Sundowner. This will create more space on Slalom Gully, giving everybody an easier, more relaxed skiing experience.
Kat Skiing Adventures
Hotham’s famous yet challenging terrain has been made even more accessible. NEW Kat Skiing Adventures has been introduced that allow exploration of Hotham’s famous powder stashes. For $69 guests will be taken in a heated, enclosed cabin for a morning or afternoon of back country free riding. A qualified instructor will guide each two hour tour. Guests must be of intermediate standard or above and have a valid all mountain lift ticket.
Extended lift operating hours
From Wednesday to Sunday, the Heavenly Valley Quad Chair (accessing Hotham’s main ski area) will commence lifting from 7.30am. This is great news for the early birds who want to get first tracks.
Harry the Mascot
Harry is the new Hotham mascot who will host a series of magical children’s shows with songs and games that will be performed throughout the season.
Snow Grooming Tours
Want to know more about the art of snow grooming? Let one of our friendly snow groomer’s guide you on a fascinating 30-minute tour. Take your place alongside them in a $600,000 grooming machine and gain an insight into the crucial role grooming plays at the resort. Just $30.
www.hotham.com.au features Hotham TV, a video competition, interactive virtual tours and the latest news and hot deals.
Hotham has mountains of events in 2007, kicking off with their annual Opening Weekend extravaganza from 8 – 10 June. Events include:
- Opening weekend, 8 - 10 June
- Mountain Fresh Festival, 12 – 17 July
- L’Oreal Paris Visible Results and Mountain Masters 5 day programs, 23 – 27 July
- Victorian Junior, Senior & Masters Championships, 28 - 29 July
- RAAF Games, 31 – 2 Aug
- Dragon Night Rail Jam, 3 August
- Pub to Pub Cross-country Race, 4 August
- Hotham FIS Boardercross Championships, 4 – 5 August
- Board Like a Girl program, 4 - 5 August
- Snowsports Spectacular, 11 August
- Powder Festival, 11 – 17 August
- Crystal Creek Resort Sled Dog Challenge, 11 – 12 August
- Billabong Freeway Tour, 8 - 12 August
- Panasonic Night Rail Demo, 9 August
- Banked Slalom, 18 – 19 August
- Australia New Zealand Cup, 20 – 24 August
- Australian Masters, 27 – 30 August
- Hotham Winter Triathlon, 8 September
- Spring Cup, 15 – 16 September
- Spring Carnival Week, 17 – 23 September
Mt Hotham also has some excellent ski packages running throughout the season:
- Five nights accommodation at Zirky’s Apartments
- Five day all-mountain lift pass
- Five adult group lessons or
- Five half day lessons at Kids Snowzone
- From $655 per adult or $567 per child
- Per person eight share
- Valid 9 - 29 June & 15 Sept to season close
- Two nights accommodation at White Crystal Apartments
- Two day all-mountain lift pass
- Sparkling Sunset Tour including heated enclosed transport, local sparkling wine and gourmet nibbles
- From $586 per adult
- Per person twin share
- Valid until 14 July & from 2 September
Country Convenience & Comfort
- Two nights accommodation in Dinner Plain
- Two day all-mountain lift pass
- From $369 per adult or $279 per child
- Per person six share
- Valid 15 July to 1 September
For further information about Mt Hotham or these packages contact Hotham Holidays on 1800 hotham or visit www.hotham.com.au.